Well I’ve been putting off starting my own blog for a long time now. I’ve been commenting on blogs for a couple of years, so it’s about time I gave people a chance to know a little about who I am.
I’m Billy, 40s, gay, out since I was 19. Single. I work as a Chemistry teacher in Melbourne Australia. If anyone from real life figures out who I am, that’s OK, but please talk to me before you talk to anyone else.
There are a few reasons I’ve never blogged before. Time is a big one. I read a lot of blogs, and comment on a number, and already that chews up an hour or two a day. I can’t let this stuff take over my life. No idea what I am going to blog about. I’m good when I’ve got ideas to spark off. That’s why I like commenting. But too often I lack inspiration. So if I make a thoughtful blog comment I'll probably rework it here.
OK, here's your first comment (it took me DAYS). I've been in the blogworld for a couple of months. Kind of just decided it was time to throw out a lot of my thoughts, and try to find some friends that I could be out to.
ReplyDeleteI note that you are looking for inspiration. Well, let me tell you...I find so much in common with so many of the folks I read, that I wind up
writing my own thoughts and sharing experiences, sometimes similar, more often completely different, from the people that are quickly becoming friends here.
I hear you about the time. It takes me a couple of days to work though the blogs I'm following, so I just try to not let it consume me. And I don't have to come home and grade papers (my school system job ends at 1630).
I'd be happy to follow you if that's OK. Feel free to wander over to my mishmash of a blog, jayinva.blogspot.com if you can find time between checking calculus problems and balancing equations for chemistry. I LOVE science and math!
Hope we can be friends!
Peace <3
Jay in VA
(Oh, saw you over at Closeted Dave's place!)
Wow! Thanks Jay. I'll see you over at your blog!
ReplyDelete