Monday, October 4, 2010

Where it started

This started a couple of years ago when I stumbled upon Josh’s Always Hard blog. Like it did for so many others. I went back and read it from the start. I was hooked. I could not believe it. This guy nailed it, the experience of being a closeted teenager. The crushes and obsessions, the making a fetish of trivial incidents, he described it so vividly. Memories came flooding back.  Just recently his outting to his (straight) crush and the pain he expresses is as real as it ever was for me. Poor Josh.

Since then I’ve followed lots of blogs, mainly coming out blogs. Young guys just beginning to deal with life as gay men. Their stories, the challenges they face and the way they face them have given me the chance to understand a little the way a new generation meets the world.

I’ve commented from time to time, when I’ve got something to say. Something that’s positive and constructive,  hopefully. But maybe it’s time to be a little more expansive. To write the story of my sexuality down, and continue down the path of reconciling with how my life has turned out. And reflect on how the world is.

3 comments:

  1. This post soo reminds me of Mercedes Sosa's song "Gracias a la Vida".

    May I link to your blog in my blog's sidebar? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lunario
    I will have to find that song and listen!

    I would be honoured to be on your blog's sidebar! I'll get around to putting on a blog roll myself soon, and yours will certainly be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were most definitely positive and constructive. You commented on my blog a couple of times, and although I may not have acknowledged them... I definitely noticed them.

    I wish you luck on your blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete