I got cruised by a total stranger today! I was shopping in the city and thought I'd pop into David Jones Food Hall to buy a nice pastry, as you do on a glorious mild, sunny summer day when you're on holidays. A guy, early thirties, dark hair, lightly built approaches me walking in the other direction. He looks me straight in the eye, then looks me up and down very suggestively.
I half-smiled and kept on walking. I was stunned. It's been a while. By the time I'd overcome the initial shock and turned around, I'd missed my chance. Whatever that chance may have been. It was a nice little ego boost, anyway.
Picture from a great episode of "United States of Tara" where Lionel takes Marshall to the park, from where Marshall is rescued and taken home by Ted. Before Lionel finally reveals his vulnerable side. I love that show.
Welcome to Mark and Andrew, two guys whose blogs I always enjoy. And to Stef, another local, who has been commenting around for as long as I have.
I started this blog because I thought it would be good if people reading my comments had a chance to find out a little about me. I've grown to enjoy it more and more, but I still find it hard to believe I have 17 followers. Thanks people! And thanks for all the comments. It's true what they say about comments giving you the feeling that it is worthwhile.

"I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, I mean, people don't know I am gay until I am blowing them." - Marshall
ReplyDeleteI love USOT
Blogging into dead air is simply horrid. And the reason you have followers is because you leave such very nice comments around our blog world.
ReplyDeleteIt's always way nice to be cruised! This summer I got cruised all over town....sigh by lesbians, but still!
I enjoying reading your blog, Billy. It's nice to see your blog and to get to know you better after you have commented extensively on others' blogs (including mine).
ReplyDeleteI totally forgot it's summer for you! Here in the northern hemisphere, it's the middle of winter. According to Homer Simpson, "it's opposite land! Crooks chase cops, cats have puppies!"
Too right it's the middle of winter bK! It's snowing again this morning in the Peak District in Derbyshire, UK!
ReplyDeleteAnyway - Billy (sorry about that!) but what a pair of cuties you've got there! I sometimes get a bit soft over teen guys with shirts, ties and blazers - it's so redolent of budding sexuality! And here's a gay story line as well - you lucky things! As you've guessed it doesn't appear to be showing over here.
Billy thanks for the kind words - always enjoyed your comments on other bloggs so when I found your blog thought it would be nice to get to know you - didn't realize we were both Victorians - I'm kinda stocked. Grew up in Melbourne [Broadmeadows and no I'm not a Broady Boy - not tough enough]. Been a country boy now for a lot of years - Shep - much more relaxing lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteSo cool that you got cruised - great form of flattery - the ego is like the rest of the body and can use a feed from time to time.
Kindest regards Stef.
At this stage of my life, the only "cruising" is going to be on a boat along the Columbia River.
ReplyDelete"BZ"
............"FOGGY"..............
@x!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure he was a virgin when he said that
Thanks Biki,
You heartbreaker! The lesbian community must have been rapt with the prospect that someone new was in town lol.
Thanks Brody, the contrast is a reason why I like reading Canadian blogs. When it is 45°C here I can dream of some ice and snow. The grass is always greener...
@Micky
You really should get a hold of USOT. Marshall's sexuality is just treated as just an aspect of his character, and the storylines are as realistic as I've seen on TV. The rest of the cast is great, too.
Hi Stef, from Broady to Shep, hey! I must say I've encountered some mean characters late at night in Shepparton as much as in Broadmeadows. I moved the other way. A Western District boy, I grew up in Camperdown and fled to Melbourne as soon as I could.
@Foggy
It's a rare event for me too, these days. Not enough water to cruise the rivers here, but it wont be too many years and the wide, open road will be calling.
Boy that is an ego boost! But, like FOGGY, I suspect my cruising days are pretty much over unless you count driving down Broad St. at night!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Comments are the best, which is why you're awesome. Although I have to admit I hadn't noticed the link to here before now, and I'm rather embarrassed, haha.
ReplyDeleteIt's an amazing feeling being checked out like that.
This is one of my absolute favorite episodes. For so many reasons...
ReplyDeleteGreat blog you have here Billy