Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Vale Ro
This is getting a little too common. For the third time in the couple of years we've lost a young blogger whose attitude to life was example to us all.
Robert Mentzy, aged 14, East Coast USA. Brutally raped and left for dead by his best friend's father, infected with Hep B and HIV. Best friend commits suicide, unable to live with his family history. Then just a few weeks ago his mother dies of leukaemia. The bare facts suggest someone who was crushed by life. Anything but, Rob was a fighter.
The pure, unconditional love he shared with his best friend, Lucas. His acceptance and understanding: the warmth of his friendship with Andy, a gay kid, despite his own history. The way he used his blog to reach out and support other kids who had been abused, even to the point of convincing his father to adopt a Spanish boy Andres, another whose story brings tears to the eyes.
Why is it we always lose the best ones?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is horrible.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it the angels never stay long among us? I suppose it is just to brutal down here, and so much better in heaven.
ReplyDeleteHanding you a kleenex, and a hug.
Hi Billy. I posted this sad story in my blog. I tried to read it but the more I read the more confused I got. I finally gave up trying to understand it and I reached out to my viewers to help me understand what is being said in the boys blog. I've received several comments helping me to see the sad story that this blog really is. I also received an email with the link to your blog which further helped me to understand the tragedy that destroyed innocent lives. I'm going to church tomorrow and I'm going to offer up a special prayer for these boys who suffered so much. Peace be with them.
ReplyDeleteHi Billy. Thanks so much for your words. I hope Rob legacy will live in the hearts of parents and kids to be aware of how bad sexual abuse is.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
luc