Friday, December 17, 2010

We gotta get out of this place

I'm spent.

The working year is over. The daily grind of being a small cog in the middle of a barely-functioning machine has drained every ounce of energy out of me. But for five weeks I can forget all that and get a little of my life back.

The trip home on the last day of school has always been a moment for reflection, framed by music. As a kid the long walk up the hill, the prospect of holidays and freedom but separation from my friends and whichever crush I lusted over. Getting home and pumping up the volume on Alice Cooper's "School's Out". Corny, I know.

Today I rode down the road, a little tipsy from the Christmas lunch and reflected on the year, and where my life is going. The volume was up on this song which was a theme song of my adolescence. I love this clip, even though the sound is shit. Man that guy was hot!

3 comments:

  1. He he - Eric!

    He was well worth lusting after.

    What a glorious prospect is five weeks paid holiday. Lucky, lucky you!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy,
    Glad you're getting 5 weeks! I only get 2 (well, 16 days including the weekends, 2 days of which will be spent on the road).

    Chin up, man, it's a dog eat dog world out there, and I swear, I always seem to be the smallest dog. I think a lot of us feel that way.

    And oh yeah, Eric Burden(sp?)! YUM YUM!!! And that was my theme song, too.

    Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year! (trying to get it all in, I'll be internetless until Dec. 26th at least)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete