Saturday, October 2, 2010

Go Pies!!!

A great day today in Australian Football. After last week's draw I went to the footy today with some trepidation. I mean, Collingwood just don't win grand finals.

Oh ye of little faith. From the opening bounce we smashed St Kilda. For the second time in my life we are premiers! The absolute delirious joy of the Collingwood crowd was something to behold, my ears were left ringing. All the shit we cop for being Collingwood, well I am going to enjoy the next few weeks. For the record Luke Ball should have won the Norm Smith medal, the guy who won the stoppages every time. Memories of Tony Shaw in 1990. If you want to give it to a show pony, who better than Dale Thomas. I've always had a weakness for blonds.
Actually Dale Thomas is a lot more than a show pony.

One day I'll write a post about what Australian Football means to me. It's the greatest game in the world.

6 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on Lunario's blog. Welcome to blogging!

    I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe!
    I've been reading your comments for a couple of years now. I've always respected the caring spirit shown in the advice you give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, football (non-American style, how bad is that wording) isn't one of my favourites, though there a heck of a lot of well fit players out there!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Billy
    Despite being a pom who's never been within 10000 miles of Oz, I'm a signed, sealed Sainter, and have been for years. You were much better than us in the replay, though, much as it pains me to say so!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sammy, it's good to see a follower of our fine game over there! Who introduced you to it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Billy
    Potted VFL highlights used to occasionally appear on a TV sports programme over here when I was about 11 or 12, and, being a typical boy of that age, I think I was attracted to the gratuitous violence! More extensive coverage then started in the late 1980's/early 1990's, when I became a massive Tony Lockett fan, and through that started following the Saints. I'm a masochist by nature, obviously!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete