So Plexus, of dont eat that was a fake. Gabriel Ghobah-Nazahm, 18, Buffalo, New York, Cell: (716) 633-8330 wasn't real. I can think back to any number of reasons why I might have doubted him, but I didn't. I choose to accept what I read in the blogs I encounter at face value. Too often you see accusations of fakery made. When they get it wrong, especially if it's a young guy struggling in the closet, they're committing a soul-destroying act. Struggling with their identity, that blogger taken a chance and put themselves out there, only to have their reality denied yet again. Without proof, you've got no right to do that.
I guess it is easy for me, I always keep my distance. But for guys who have reached out to another blogger through email and chat, it must be a real betrayal to discover that someone they trusted is not real. The damage that Mike that fake hockey player did was huge for all those other young gay jocks out there. JJs Yacky Box was another one who let a lot of people down when he wasn't who he said he was. It's a pity they didn't think about the inevitability of the truth coming out and the pain they would cause a bit earlier.
And all this after "Plexus" had left a comment here! I was really pleased at the time. Almost as pleased as when I saw Brody was a follower! One of my favourite bloggers. Oh, and welcome to Kevin Nguyen who has also just joined too! And Lunario and Jay, of course as well!
One final piece of good blog news. Josh of Always Hard has (almost) got a boyfriend. The first blog I followed, two and a half years ago. And one that was regularly accused of being fake. After years of lusting after his mates and not being able to do anything about it, recently he had been struggling after his latest (straight) crush rejected him, outting him to his father. But eventually, as they say, it gets better.
I finally found your blog! :D
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm too new at this to know much about the fakers, but I'm not too surprised they're out here. It's too easy to be more or less anonymous. I just don't understand why people go to all the trouble. I've got better things to do with my time than pretend to be someone I'm not. Not to mention I'm a terrible pretender.
ReplyDeleteI saw Josh's news. I caught up quickly with him, and watched the near-devastation of the outing in realtime. I've seen similar things in several of the teen blogs, and quite frankly, with more or less the same outcome. Once the initial fallout ends, it does get better. I just wish The Trevor Project could get those younger ones to do videos! It would be a lot more effective than President "I talk a good line but don't do anything about it" Obama and his useless promises of equal rights for all.
Nice to see some good news out here.
Peace <3
Jay